Yummy Cabbage Burritos
- 8 large green cabbage leaves (from 1 head)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans
- 1 1/2 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. corn, canned and drained or frozen
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar
Preheat oven to 350º and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large pot of boiling water, use tongs to dip cabbage leaves in water for 30 seconds to blanch. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to dry.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, then stir in ground beef and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat, then season with taco seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Stir in black beans, cherry tomatoes, and corn.
Lay 2 cabbage leaves side by side, overlapping slightly. Place a heaping spoon of ground beef mixer, then top with cheese. Fold short sides of cabbage leaves in first, then roll into a cylinder — like a burrito! Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
Place on baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted about 10 minutes.